With the wedding season looming I thought I would enlighten you with my top tips in getting the most perfect hair colour for your special day! To be honest these tips should be followed for any special event where you might be papped! There is nothing worse than seeing pictures of yourself where the camera flash has turned your hair crazy! So here we go folks!
- Always have your coloured to suit the style! For example if you have highlights and you’re going to be sporting an up do make sure you have no roots on show underneath !!! Also some placements will not suit an up do! A heavy ombre will look horrendous in a bun! This is most definitely one piece of advice you need to take !!!!
- Be aware that artificial light can make you look ginger !!! If you will be having pictures indoors it’s a good idea to take a few test snaps to see how your hair will present under that specific lighting ! You may need to go for a cooler tonal pallette altogether to stop this.
- In my opinion softer placements always look better in pictures ! Any lines no matter how fine will look twice as rigid in pictures and any dark shadows will look twice as dark ! This can present really chavvy !
- Always have your colour done 7 days before the event to give yourself a few days to wear your colour in and settle .
- Make sure your colour placement is “classic” high fashion looks date very quickly ! A beautifully created classic look will never date.
- Be aware that some looks may take up to 3 appointments to create ! Always book ahead to avoid the stress nearer your special day !
- Always take test shots of your new hair colour styled accordingly to make sure your happy with how it presents ! This gives you a safety net and a chance to tweak anything your not happy with before your big day !
Today’s imagery shows my work on the very gorgeous Jessica ! She’s a beauty huh ! Her colour looked great for her big day!
Brides you know what you need to do call MJ and book your wedding colour consult with me pronto ! Call MJ on 01217332499 !
Have a great day !
Sophie B x